Unfortunately, it can be a dangerous world. It’s impossible to list all of the situations which are dangerous or may cause harm to you through the negligence of others. At Charles Bean & Associates, PLLC, we listen to what you have to say to determine whether or not you have been wrongfully injured through the negligence of others. If you do not find the type of accident that has caused you to be injured, please contact us and we will let you know whether the problem you experienced is the type of matter that we can provide assistance.
What to do After an Injury Accident
The actions you take immediately after an injury accident where someone else is negligent are very important to protect your right to a maximum recovery in your case.
Our injury attorneys recommend that you gather all the information you possibly can concerning the accident including:
- Names and contact information of all available witnesses
- Names and insurance information of all people involved
- Information and photographs of the accident scene including location and timing
- Witness statements, if available
Following an injury accident, you should do the following:
- Call 9-1-1 for police and emergency personnel to come to the scene without delay
- Take pictures of the accident scene
- Never admit fault
- Get medical help
- Do not give a recorded statement or accept a settlement offer. You do not have to speak with any other party’s insurer. In fact, anything you say could and most likely will be used against you. Never give a recorded statement to an insurer or accept a settlement offer from the insurer unless you have talked with an attorney first.
- Contact the experienced injury attorneys at Charles Bean & Associates, PLLC. Call us for a free no-obligation consultation as soon as possible following an accident. We can greatly improve your case by properly preserving the evidence and getting witness statements. It is critical that you talk to us before speaking with the adjuster for the at-fault insurance.