Motor Vehicle Accidents Due to Texting and Driving
Texting and driving accidents are one of the most common causes of injury and death on the road. They are becoming even more prevalent as drivers continue to be distracted by text messages and social media rather than focusing on the road. In fact, according to a National Safety Council report, cell phone use while driving causes 1.6 million crashes every year, meaning that 27% of all crashes on the road involve cell phone use.
While these statistics show the serious prevalence of texting and driving injuries, they do not begin to reveal the devastation of suffering, pain, disability, and even death caused by texting and driving accidents.
How Charles Bean & Associates, PLLC Can Help
The impact of a crash caused by texting and driving is not to be underestimated. The personal injury accident attorneys at Charles Bean & Associates, PPLC understand the risks and the terrible consequences that can occur as a result of negligent texting and driving accidents. With this insight, we can provide you the legal help you need to obtain compensation in the event you are injured due to an accident caused by another driver’s negligent texting and inattention which results in a serious motor vehicle accident.
If you or a loved has been injured as the result of being involved in an accident caused by driving while texting, get in touch with our team of accident lawyers at Charles Bean & Associates, PPLC. We can offer a free consultation to help you assess your claim and recommend what course of action might be beneficial for you.
What to do after a Texting and Driving Accident
The moments immediately following an accident are some of the most crucial. Taking the right approach to how you handle them can offer you the best chance of protecting your rights and launching a successful claim.
The first step you should take after a texting and driving accident is to call 911 to get in touch with police and emergency personnel. Inform them of the location and scenario so they can get to the scene as soon as possible and help anyone in need of medical assistance.
The second step is to try to gather as much information from the scene of the accident as possible, including:
- Names and insurance information of all drivers involved
- Names, contact details and statements of all witnesses at the scene
- Details of the accident scene, including location, traffic lights, driver behavior, timing, and weather conditions
- Photographs of the accident scene
To maximize protecting your rights, keep in mind the following:
- Do not admit fault, apologize, or say anything that could be misconstrued as taking responsibility for the accident.
- Do not give a recorded statement or accept a settlement offer. If you are required to report the crash to your insurance company, do so within the timeframe that’s required, but make sure to get in touch with an accident lawyer beforehand.
- Don’t speak to the other party’s insurer.
- Seek medical help as soon as you can following the accident, as any statements or proof of treatment can help with your claim.
Get in touch with Charles Bean & Associates, PLLC
The most important priority after everyone’s medical needs have been attended is to connect with an experienced and reputable injury accident attorney. Charles Bean & Associates, PLLC can help you assure the best chances of protecting your rights and advise you on preserving any evidence.