Top Notch Business Law Professionals
Expert in Business Law in Spokane and Coeur d'Alene
Our passion is helping businesses, from start to finish, navigate the challenges of day to day operations and legal hurdles. We understand the challenges you face, after all, we are a business ourselves and have faced many of the same challenges and decisions you do now. Whether you are starting a business, winding down a business, or anything in between, we will be your guide.
Below are some (not all) of the business services we provide. Do not hesitate to contact us. With proper planning and counsel, the outcome of your business matter has a much higher likelihood of success.
What is a Business Attorney?
A business attorney provides clients with legal services that involve the regulations and operations of their business. They typically assist with contracts, negotiations, employment laws, taxes, the creation of shareholder agreements, the sales/transfers of a business, and business/entity formation. Business lawyers can specialize in writing business plans (which they will then represent to potential investors) and creating partnership agreements. Some business attorneys also handle issues regarding corporate compliance and negotiations.
What is a Corporate Attorney?
A corporate attorney provides the same legal services as a business attorney but for entities such as LLCs, corporations, partnerships and alliances. Typically, these entities are larger in size and need more legal assistance on an ongoing basis. An entity may hire an attorney as an employee (“in-house” attorney) or contract with an outside attorney that is part of a law firm. They advise on matters concerning commercial transactions, employment law, litigation, corporate regulations, corporate records, shareholder meetings and minutes, conflicts of interest, and the creation and negotiation of contracts. Their primary job is to assure the corporation is compliant with all levels of law, from federal to local, in order to avoid litigation.
What Services Do Business Attorneys Offer?
- Business Entity Law and Formation, including LLC’s, Partnerships and Corporations
- Business & Succession Planning
- Commercial Real Estate
- Contracts and Negotiations
- Corporate Governance and Boards
- Distribution and Sales
- Employment & Human Resources
- Partner & Shareholder Agreements
- Professional Services
- Public Benefit Corporations/Non-Profits
- Purchase or Sale of Business
- Start-up Planning
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Business or Corporate Attorney?
Key Benefits of Hiring A Business Attorney
- They have knowledge and experience within the field.
- They can assist with the organization of your business.
- They can advise on taxes and how to avoid lawsuits.
Key Benefits of Hiring A Corporate Attorney
- They develop strong business partnerships.
- They support business ventures.
- They handle the drafting, negotiating and the final reviewing of legally-binding documents.
Examples of When You Might Need a Business Attorney
There are several situations in which your business would benefit from the assistance of an experienced business attorney. For example:
- If any federal, state or local government is filing complaints or investigating your organization after making claims that you have violated a law.
- When a current or former employee is suing the business on grounds of discrimination regarding the work environment or their firing.
- When you need to negotiate the sale of your business or you want to acquire a new organization.
- When you need assistance creating by-laws to identify how a corporation should operate and stay compliant.
- When you need to draft a vendor or service agreement with customers.
A business lawyer is vital if you require legal representation in the event of a lawsuit against your business. Saving your business money in the long term, they are key within any size of organization.
Your Business Attorney: Brian J. Bean
Do you need an expert business or corporate attorney? Get in contact with Brian J. Bean today for a free 45 minute consultation by calling (208) 664-1574, or via our website contact form. With years of experience, Brian J. Bean is an avid business, corporate and real estate attorney who has worked within large and small organizations. Assisting businesses with strategic business and legal decisions, negotiations and more, he prides himself in providing clients with an exceptional service that helps to achieve their business objectives and goals.
CONNECT WITH BRIAN J. BEAN